ICREA SENIOR CALL GUIDELINES 2020
ICREA opens 10 senior research positions in the following areas:
- Life & Medical Sciences
- Social & Behavioural Sciences
Minimum requirements are a Ph.D. degree obtained preferably before 2016, with relevant multinational exposure at pre-doctoral and/or post-doctoral level.
Candidates in an expansive phase of their academic career, with an outstanding research record and leadership are encouraged to apply. Applications from women are especially welcome. ICREA researchers are required to make substantial contributions to their own areas of research and to have a strong impact in the Catalan research system by becoming fully involved, active members of the Catalan research community.
Successful applicants will be offered a permanent contract with ICREA to work at universities or research centres in Catalonia.
Salaries are in line with those at Catalan universities. ICREA research professors are subject to an evaluation of their research progress and general performance after the first three-year period and, subsequently, every five years. The evaluations are carried out by external evaluation committees that assess scientific production as well as research activity. Positive evaluations lead to salary increases. ICREA positions are not compatible with permanent positions outside the Catalan research system (not even part-time).
The call is open to all scholars worldwide who, on the 12th March 2018 (24 months prior to the deadline of this call), were not yet holding a permanent position in the Catalan research system.
Successful candidates are expected to join the host institution no later than September 2021.
Applications must be submitted electronically via this website before 2:00 pm (Central European Time) on Thursday, 12 March 2020. Please note that no applications can be submitted after the deadline.
The next ICREA call, in 2021, will open positions for the rest of the areas (Experimental Sciences & Mathematics and Engineering Sciences).
The application requires all the following items:
1. An on-line form for personal and professional data, a statement of your research done in the last five years (2000 characters maximum), a list of the 5 most relevant publications, a statement of purpose explaining your choice of institution(s) and your future research plan (3000 characters maximum).
2. A single .pdf file (free format, maximum 15 pages and up to 4 Mb in size) containing the candidate's CV in English.
3. The contact details of four referees, of which at least two must submit reference letters. The reference letters must be written in English (PDF format) and uploaded by the referees before 2:00 pm (Central European Time) on Thursday, 12 March 2020. To that effect, the system will generate links to be distributed by the candidate to each referee.
4. An Expression Of Interest (EOI) from at least one host institution. Candidates must directly contact each institution that they are interested in joining (university or research centre in Catalonia), and obtain an EOI. The EOI form must be downloaded directly by the institution(s), using the link(s) provided by the candidate. To that effect, the system will generate links to be distributed by each candidate to the host(s) institution(s). At the link, the institution will find instructions to download, fill and submit the form. EOI(s) must be electronically signed by a legal representative of the institution, and must be uploaded to the ICREA system before 2:00 pm on Thursday 12th March 2020.
Please note that, as opposed to previous ICREA calls, only electronic EOIs are accepted in this call. Paper EOIs are no longer valid for submission.
- New applicants may register at www.icrea.cat. Old applicants simply log in using their username and password. Candidates are requested to keep their username and password, which will be needed to access and edit applications.
- Applications can be edited and saved as many times as necessary before submission. A confirmation email will be sent after submission. Applicants are advised to check their spam folders if the confirmation message fails to appear in their Inbox.
- Applicants can submit their applications regardless of whether the referees and the host(s) institutions have uploaded their letters and EOIs. The system allows applicants to monitor file uploading by both referees and host institution(s). Please bear in mind that incomplete applications will not be considered for evaluation.
- Applicants can confidentially provide names that they wish to be excluded from their evaluation process. In order to do so, please send an email to Sònia Salvadó at email@example.com. This information is exclusively for ICREA and will not be shared.